Camas house fire caused by smoking

first_imgSmoking materials sparked the fire that heavily damaged a Camas home Friday afternoon.Firefighters responded to the home, at 535 N.W. Elm Street, to find a working fire. The occupant wasn’t home.Deputy Clark County Fire Marshal Dan Young said smoking materials caught a mattress on fire in the basement.Young had no estimate for the amount of damage done, but said fire crept into the building’s walls, and that there was heavy smoke damage.The home had no working smoke detectors, he said. “Luckily, a neighbor saw it and called 911.”last_img

Recommended Reading

Discuss

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *