Nov 16, 2005 (CIDRAP News) – China today reported two confirmed human cases of H5N1 avian influenza, marking the first time the government has confirmed cases on the mainland.The disease was confirmed in a 9-year-old boy from Hunan province, who has recovered, and in a 24-year-old woman from Anhui province, who died Nov 10, according to the Chinese news agency Xinhua.In addition, avian flu is suspected in the Oct 17 death of the boy’s 12-year-old sister, but the case can’t be confirmed because of a lack of good samples for testing, according to Xinhua and Agence France-Presse (AFP).China joins Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, and Indonesia on the list of countries with confirmed human cases. The World Health Organization (WHO) currently lists 126 cases with 64 deaths since December 2003 (the Chinese cases were not yet included at this writing). Vietnam accounts for 92 cases and 42 deaths.The confirmation of China’s first human cases follows a series of 11 poultry outbreaks in several provinces over the past month. Yesterday the government announced its intention to vaccinate all poultry, estimated at 5.2 billion birds, against avian flu. China reported its first poultry outbreaks of H5N1 flu in February 2004.The 9-year-old boy, surnamed He, from Xiangtan County, fell ill with fever and pneumonia-like symptoms on Oct 10, Xinhua reported. A poultry outbreak had occurred in his village.The boy had high levels of H5 antibodies, and experts from China’s health ministry and the WHO concluded that he had the H5N1 virus, according to Xinhua. He was released from a hospital Nov 12.The woman from Anhui in eastern China fell ill Nov 1 and died of “prostration of breathing” Nov 10, the report said. She was a farmer who had chickens and ducks that died 1 to 2 weeks before she got sick.The 9-year-old boy’s 12-year-old sister had symptoms like her brother’s, Xinhua said. “The experts from the [health] ministry suspected the girl of being a human case of H5N1 bird flu, but cannot confirm it by WHO standards due to insufficient evidence from laboratory tests,” the story stated.According to AFP, WHO spokesman Dick Thompson said his agency recognizes the boy’s and young woman’s cases as confirmed. But the samples available from the 12-year-old girl “weren’t of a quality that could be used to determine whether or not she did indeed have bird flu,” he said.The cases announced today are the first to be officially confirmed in mainland China. The first known human cases of H5N1 infection occurred in Hong Kong in 1997, when 18 people fell ill and six died. In February 2003, two Hong Kong residents, a 33-year-old man and his 9-year-old son, became infected with the virus while visiting Fujian province in China. They were diagnosed after returning to Hong Kong. The father died but his son recovered.See also:Mar 13, 2003, CIDRAP News story “WHO issues alert over atypical pneumonia outbreaks in Asia” for information on the February 2003 cases in Hong Kong
At the beginning of April last year, the Virovitica-Podravina County announced that in cooperation with local development agencies it had applied for three tourist projects from which they expect a lot and with which they want to position themselves as a tourist paradise in the center of Slavonia. Slowly but surely, the whole story becomes a reality.It is open first information-educational center hostel “Dravska priča” and now the Visitor Center “Dravska priča” has passed the phase of eligibility check and has been sent to the third phase which refers to the check of expenses.The project called “Visitor Center” Drava Story “- an interactive, innovative and accessible experience of nature” was reported in the amount of about 13,7 million kuna, of which 85% is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund. The project was submitted in cooperation with the Public Institution for Management of Protected Areas and Ecological Network of Virovitica-Podravina County, VIDRA Development Agency, Virovitica-Podravina County and the Tourist Board of Virovitica-Podravina County, and these organizations are also project partners. Collaborators in the project are the Faculty of Science in Osijek, the Department of Biology and the Association of Persons with Disabilities Slatina.The Mura Drava Regional Park is the main backbone for the development of interactive facilities within the Visitor Center, which will present the flora and fauna of the Regional Park in an unprecedented way and educate visitors about them, Virovitica-Podravina County points out, and the project plans to arrange the surrounding parks. center and most importantly the interior and exterior of the center will be adapted for people with disabilities and reduced mobility. A winter garden will also be built in the attic of the building where the aquatic habitats of the Mura Drava Regional Park will be presented.In addition to infrastructural interventions, the education of guides and the development of various programs of the school in nature and field teaching are of significant importance in the project, for which the necessary equipment will be additionally procured. In order for the Drava story to be “told” to the desired target groups, significant funds will be invested in its branding and promotion.Related news:VIROVITICA-PODRAVA COUNTY BECOMES A TOURIST PARADISE IN THE CENTER OF SLAVONIA WITH THE HELP OF EU FUNDS INFORMATION-EDUCATIONAL CENTER HOSTEL “DRAVSKA PRIČA” OPENED
Malaysian budget airline AirAsia introduced digital platform IKLHAS for Muslim travelers in April. Offering services for religious traditions such as umrah (minor haj), qurban (animal sacrifice) and now aqiqah (Islamic sacrificial ritual following the birth of a child), IKHLAS is available in 35 countries, including Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam and India. In addition to the services, IKHLAS also allows customers to collect points for AirAsia’s loyalty program Big Points when conducting transactions on the platform.Read also: Garuda paints masks on aircraft to support health campaign As a result of travel bans and restrictions, as well as decreased travel over coronavirus fears, civil aviation is among the industries hit hardest by the global COVID-19 pandemic.In Indonesia, the airline industry experienced a loss of US$1.56 billion between February and April this year, which was driven by a decrease in domestic and international passengers following the outbreak, according to data released by the Indonesian National Air Carriers Association (INACA) on April 24.Throughout this time of crisis, several Southeast Asian airlines have launched new business ventures in the hopes of surviving the pandemic. Meanwhile, Thai flag-carrier Thai Airways has brought its in-cabin experience to the ground. Starting Sept. 2, those who are itching to travel can enjoy meals at an airline-themed restaurant located in the cafeteria of the airline’s Bangkok headquarters from Wednesday to Sunday. The venue is decorated with airplane parts and seats, providing an authentic aircraft feel for the customers. The airline’s catering managing director, Varangkana Luerojvong, told Reuters that the pop-up restaurant, which serves around 2,000 meals per day, was a way to recoup some lost revenue during the pandemic.Following the success, the company also plans to turn other Thai Airways offices into similar establishments that offer a unique dining experience. Like Thai Airways, Singapore Airlines is another company that has entered the restaurant business.After ditching its previous plan of providing so-called “flights to nowhere”, a service that is currently trending in some Asian countries, the airline is set to offer an airline-themed restaurant in the coming weeks. Read also: Travelers snap up Asian airlines’ scenic ‘flights to nowhere’Using an Airbus A-380 superjumbo jet, guests can enjoy a three-hour lunch in economy class by forking out S$50 ($36.62). A similar experience is also available for ultra-first-class suites worth $600 per person.In addition to the restaurant, Singapore Airlines will also offer a behind-the-scenes tour to its training facility at the cost of $15 per child (3 to 12 years old) and $30 per adult. As quoted by The Straits Times, Aaron Wong, founder of Singapore-based travel hacking site MileLion website, said, “The tour is a rare chance for the public to get a first-hand look behind the scenes at SIA’s training facilities, which would be impossible for non-media during regular times.” (jes)Editor’s note: This article is part of a public campaign by the COVID-19 task force (Satgas COVID-19) to raise people’s awareness about the pandemic.Topics :
Sweden’s third biggest pension fund bucked the trend last year to produce a 1.3% gain on its investment portfolio, according to preliminary full-year results just released.AMF reported that its real estate allocation produced a gain of 12.4% for 2018.The total return of 1.3% is lower than the previous year’s 7.9% gain, but comes at a time when many other pension funds are reporting losses.Chief executive Johan Sidenmark said: “In light of the late autumn’s sharp fall in stock prices, I am pleased that we could secure a positive return for the full year.” Sidenmark said AMF had worked actively with its allocation to increase the proportion of assets that did not correlate with the stock market, such as real estate and infrastructure.“The year was characterised by signs that a slowdown was beginning, while trade wars and political concerns created uncertainty in the financial markets,” he added.The fund’s average annual return over the past five years was 6.8%, and 7.6% a year over the past decade. Total assets dipped to SEK590bn (€56bn) at the end of December 2018 from SEK596bn a year earlier.AMF said its property portfolio generated the strongest return of any asset class during the year, with a return of 12.4%, while the return on alternative assets was 4.1%.Both equity and fixed income incurred losses over the course of the year, it said.AMF’s solvency ratio fell to 182% from 196%, the provider reported, after SEK11.2bn was allocated to a reinforcement of guarantees during the year.
Ighalo could start tonight at Europa League opponents Club Brugge. “Well for me Odion is a different type of striker for us,” Solskjaer told reporters in Belgium. “He’s a box striker, he’s a goalscorer. We’ve already seen in training that he really knows his craft.Advertisement Loading… “He knows how to play as a center-forward and he’s a fantastic professional, and human being, and he’s already added to the squad. The boys have learned his song already, so they’ve taken to him. “So I hope he’s going to sharpen up quickly because we know he’s been out of season and he needs to do a little bit extra after training most of the time and we try to give him as much game time as possible. Read Also:Odion Ighalo to lead Man Utd’s assault against Club Brugge “Unfortunately he didn’t score against Chelsea, he had a good chance, that would have been a good start, but I’m sure he will take his chances.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Manchester United boss, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said January signing Odion Ighalo offers them something different, adding that he is expecting something extra-ordinary from the Nigerian player. Promoted Content10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do18 Beautiful Cities That Are Tourist MagnetsBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeThe Most Exciting Cities In The World To Visit8 Weird Facts About Coffee That Will Surprise You14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right Now8 Shows That Went From “Funny” To “Why Am I Watching This”Couples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayBest Car Manufacturers In The World5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show You
Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been nominated for the Premier League Player of the Month award for February. In February, the Gabon international scored three goals in three matches to help Mikel Arteta’s side keep a record of two wins and a draw in their league fixtures. Read Also:Arteta ready to beg Arsenal chiefs to keep Aubameyang Aubameyang with 17 goals after 25 games is currently the joint-top scorer in the Premier League, alongside Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Aubameyang battles Manchester United’s January signing Bruno Fernandes, Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Matt Doherty, Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Burnley’s Nick Pope and Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso for the monthly accolade.Advertisement Promoted ContentPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldGorgeous Staircases That Will Take Your Breath Away10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Superhero Castings That People Hated But Were Amazing7 Non-Obvious Things That Damage Your PhoneThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its GrowthBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo Loading…
Loading… Promoted ContentCan You Recognize These Cute Celeb Baby Faces?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?Which Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?You’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of AnimeTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs6 Extreme Facts About Hurricanes9 Fictional Universes We Wouldn’t Want To Live InThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The Universe8 Things That Will Happen If An Asteroid Hits Earth Philippe Coutinho’s desperation for a return to England has reportedly sparked interest from four top Premier League sides. Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham are all said to have enquired about the Brazilian playmaker’s availability at the end of this season. The 27-year-old admits that he should never have quit Anfield in January 2018, when he joined Barcelona in a ‘dream’ £142million move. Coutinho has largely endured a nightmare in Catalonia, with his failure to make a significant impact seeing the Barca fans turn on him and often booing and jeering his underwhelming displays.Advertisement Last summer he joined Bayern Munich on loan, but the German giants have now indicated that they are not prepared to make it a permanent deal. Bayern paid a £7m loan fee and also agreed to pay Coutinho’s £240,000-a-week wages, but they will not commit to the asking price of £100m asking price for a permanent deal. And the report in the Sunday Mirror claims that all four English teams have the same view, with them all wanting the talented attacking midfielder on loan. Read Also:Philippe Coutinho rules out Liverpool return Although Liverpool chief Jurgen Klopp reluctantly allowed Coutinho to leave, the report adds that he is not interested in bringing him back to Merseyside. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
St. Nicholas 7th and 8th grade teams defeated Greendale on Wednesday, August 20.7th Grade scores: St. Nick over Greendale 25-22 and 25-21.8th Grade also won in 2 sets with scores of 25-21 and 25-22.Courtesy of STN Coach Debbie Gregg.
The Columbus North Lady Bulldogs were 1-0 winners over The Batesville Lady Bulldogs in Girls Varsity Soccer action.