The local news agency Tanjug today has cited official sources to assert that the Serbian Prosecutor’s Office will file a criminal complaint against the footballer for leaving his apartment in the central neighborhood of Vracar, where he should have remained ‘self-isolated’. Early in the morning, the Serbian Interior Minister Nebojsa Stefanovic confirmed on Prva television that 80 people would be denounced, including “athletes and well-known millionaires” for evading alertness. Stefanovic did not cite Jovic, but the Serbian press assumes that he was one of the indicated. If the complaint is confirmed, the battering ram could face the payment of a heavy fine and even sentences of one to twelve years in prison.The Prime Minister of Serbia, Ane Brnabic, was in charge of lifting the hare when, on Wednesday night, she launched a public criticism in which, without citing Jovic, it was assumed that she was referring to him: “You have seen him all. The examples of our soccer players, who come from abroad. There they have millionaire contracts. They come here, they ignore the “self-isolation” when we get home and that is something that our authorities have to study, “he anticipated.Both Brnabic and other politicians have called on the Serbs not to return to the country, but more than 45,000 people have ignored it, and investigations are underway. The President of Serbia, Aleksandar Vucic, has referred this afternoon to the Jovic case and, although without citing him, has confirmed that both he and another elite athlete remain isolated. “You are in a hotel (it refers to Ninkolic, from the Ascoli of Series B) and the other in his apartment (in Jovic’s case). If either of you leaves these premises, you will be arrested. I think they both regret what they have done, but I will make it clear to them that the lives of our people are much more important than their millions. In spite of everything, we are not going to crucify anyone, “said the country’s top president.
An East Coast Demerara (ECD) resident is now nursing gunshot wounds to his body during a shooting incident at his home on Wednesday evening. The injured man has been identified as Brinsley David of Brusche Dam, Buxton.According to information, the shooting incident occurred at about 23:00h. Investigations revealed that the victim’s wife, Zion Clarke went to the washroom and upon her return, she saw someone pointing a black object through the bedroom window.She immediately raised an alarm and it was then the perpetrator discharged several rounds, hitting the man to the body before escaping. David was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery.The police have launched an investigation into the shooting.No arrests have been made thus far.
Family members of 20-year-old Kishan Sankar, called “Dadoo,” of Lot 320 Richmond Housing Scheme, Essequibo Coast were on Saturday night thrown into mourning after he was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle, CJ 2467, around 21:20h, and it crashed into a culvert in the scheme where he had been living.Dead: Kishan Sankar, also known as “Dadoo”Reports indicate that Sankar had been speeding along the eastern side of School Street when he lost control of the bike, which reportedly fell onto the roadway and skidded into the concrete rails of a bridge that is in front of the Richmond Nursery School before ending up into a nearby drain, all the time dragging Sankar along.Residents in the area said they heard the loud impact of the crash and rushed to the scene, where they found the cyclist pinned under the bike in a nearby drain. They quickly removed the cycle from on top of the badly injured and unconscious man before pulling his body from the drain and rushing him to the Suddie Public Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.This newspaper was told that the young man appeared to have suffered head injuries, especially since he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the accident.The concrete bridge into which Sankar crashed before ending up in the drainSankar’s grieving grandmother told this publication that he had left home to drop a friend to the Richmond Public Road, and was reportedly returning home when the accident occurred.She said Sankar’s death has come at a time when the family is still mourning the death of his younger brother, Vejay — a 17-year-old who had suddenly fallen ill and died on September 10, 2017.“The family is still in mourning; and now, with this other blow, the family is ripped apart… My only hope is for God to take care of the only son left in the family,” the woman cried.The late Kishan Sankar, called Dadoo, leaves to mourn his parents, brother, grandparents and other relatives and friends.
– Advertisement –
Resignation of Cabinet case…submissions made, case adjournedThe parliamentary Opposition has returned to the High Court seeking to force the Government to comply with the Constitution of Guyana, this time Article 106 of the Constitution which sets out that Cabinet must resign after a No-Confidence Motion.Former AG Anil NandlallBringing the case is former Attorney General Anil Nandlall, who is seeking from acting Chief Justice Roxane George orders compelling Cabinet, which has been meeting despite the clear language of the Constitution.“We are asking for a declaration that Cabinet was resigned on the passage of the No-Confidence Motion. Alternatively, we’re asking for an order that Cabinet be resigned, because the Chief Justice had ruled that they were resigned by application of law,” he said in an interview afterwards.He added that the Opposition is asking for an order giving effect to that resignation. “And we’re asking for an order restraining Cabinet from meeting, because they are disbanded and no longer in existence,” Nandlall further explained.In response to Nandlall’s submissions, Attorney General Basil Williams is arguing that his return to the court is an abuse of the court process. Nandlall slammed the AG for skimming over the constitutional provision requiring his and the rest of the Cabinet’s resignations.“It’s unfortunate that we have to resort to this kind of strenuous efforts in the court to get the Government to obey the Constitution. Every one of you read the Constitution and would know that Article 106 says that upon the successful passage of the No-Confidence Motion, Cabinet inclusive of the President shall resign.”He added that 10 months after the passage of the No-Confidence Motion, the Opposition is “battling for the Government to give effect to that provision of the Constitution which is our supreme law. This is the level to which we have descended. And rather than the AG come here and concede, he comes here and says it is an abuse of process. It’s an atrocious contention. Instead of come here and apologise to the court and then go and advise his Cabinet to resign, he comes here with a straight face and says we are abusing the court.”According to Nandlall, all they are seeking is for the Government to comply with the Constitution. In her deliberations, Chief Justice Roxane George gave Nandlall five days in which to make their submissions while Williams was given until September 21 to file on behalf of the Government. The next court hearing will be held on September 30 at 13:30h.Attorney General Basil WilliamsArticle 106 (6) of the Constitution states: “The Cabinet including the President shall resign if the Government is defeated by the vote of a majority of all the elected members of the National Assembly on a vote of confidence.”Meanwhile, Article 106 (7) goes on to say: “Notwithstanding its defeat, the Government shall remain in office and shall hold an election within three months, or such longer period as the National Assembly shall by resolution supported by not less than two-thirds of the votes of all the elected members of the National Assembly determine, and shall resign after the President takes the oath of office following the election.”A No-Confidence Motion was passed against the Government since December 21 of last year. However, elections were not held and there was no resignation. Instead, the Government went through several levels of court, unsuccessfully arguing that the No-Confidence Motion was not validly passed.At the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ), the final court had thrown out the Government’s case and had handed down judgement saying that when the No-Confidence Motion was passed on December 21, 2019, Article 106 of the Constitution had immediately been activated. In addition, the court had noted that the provisions of the Article were clear.Instead of immediately starting serious preparations to hold elections in the shortest possible time, however, GECOM proceeded to carry out House-to-House Registration based on the orders of unilaterally appointed former Chairman, retired Justice James Patterson. The exercise has since been stopped, but GECOM has since proposed a March 2020 timeframe for holding elections.When it comes to Cabinet resigning, Government had initially announced that it would no longer be holding Cabinet sessions but rather, decisions would be made using a “ministerial plenary” that still retained the powers of Cabinet. They have since resorted back to using “Cabinet” to describe these meetings.
Harry Kane believes Tottenham must build on the momentum they gained over the Christmas period if they are to cement their place in the Premier League’s top four.Spurs stunned Chelsea 5-3 on New Year’s Day, with Kane scoring twice, and the 21-year-old admitted his breakthrough season at White Hart Lane has gone beyond his own expectations.He said: “We’re up there in the league. We didn’t have the start we would have liked but we’ve done well as a team recently.“We had a great Christmas period and some great results, got some momentum and pushed up the league.“We’ve got to build on that if we want to be where we want to be. Every game is tough in the Premier League, and we’ve got be aware of that, perform well and get as many wins as possible. “There are a lot of teams going for it [the top four] and we’re one of them. I feel like if we put a good run of results together then it can be us.”Kane has scored 17 goals in all competitions this term and has become a huge crowd favourite in the blue and white half of north London.He added: “It’s gone past what I expected at the start of the season, but I’ve always been confident in my ability. I’ve played a lot of games and I feel like, if I’m playing games, I’m going to get on the score sheet.“I’ve been able to do that this season which has been great for me and hopefully it’s something I can continue.”That form has prompted speculation Kane could be called up by England for the games against Lithuania and Italy in March, but the Chingford-born starlet is not getting carried away at the prospect of international recognition.“It would mean the world to me”, he added. “It’s something I dreamt about and, for any footballer, playing for their country is what they want to do.“I’ve got to keep up my form up if I want to have a shout for that and hopefully I can, but obviously there’s still a long way to go.”
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECoach Doc Rivers a “fan” from way back of Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson As Apollitical Time, Texas Chatterbox and Apollos Favorite raced in the Champion Of Champion, finishing seventh and ninth place, respectively. First Down Runner and last year’s Charger Bar runner-up should be among the challengers, with Sassy Corona, A Sisstar, Impeccable Timing and Corona Cerveza rounding out the field. The 4-year-old California-bred mare sired by the thoroughbred sire Apollo will carry high weight of 126 pounds, spotting the opposition from two to three pounds. After her victory in the Super Derby Nov. 12, she ran third in the $500,000 Champion Of Champions in back of Ocean Runaway and Like Frankie And Me. She will break from the outside post in the field of 10 and will have Ramon Sanchez riding for trainer Juan Aleman. Mini Rock won the Charger Bar a year ago for trainer Blane Schvaneveldt, and the 7-year-old Chicks Beduino mare will have Alex Bautista in the saddle. The invader Cool Eleanor from tracks outside of California will be trying for her sixth consecutive victory and will have Alvin Brossette aboard for trainer Dennis Ekins. Most of the nation’s top quarter horse mares will clash in the $110,550 Charger Bar Handicap tonight at Los Alamitos, the featured event at 400 yards going off as the 10th race in the 11-race program that gets underway at 7 o’clock. Apollitical Time, who upset probable world champion Ocean Runaway in the Los Alamitos Super Derby, is the one to beat, although there figures to be plenty of competition from other entrants such as Mini Rock, Texas Chatterbox, Apollos Favorite, Cool Eleanor and First Down Runner. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
The Knockalla Cup game Swilly Rovers v Dunkineely Celtic scheduled for tomorrow, Sunday April 7th has been cancelled as Dunkineely are unable to field. KNOCKALLA CUP GAME CANCELLED was last modified: April 7th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The closing date for club registration is fast approaching i.e. Friday 28 March, no players should be training or playing without being registered a further opportunity to register is now available this Thursday night, March 6 from 7 to 8.30 pm at the clubhouse. If you require further information please contact Thomas Simmons on 087 206 3018.Training with all teams is now well under way, the U8 and U10 continue each Sunday morning at 10.30 am in the Game On Facility (Old Unifi Plant). The U12 girls start training this Friday 7 Mar from 6-7 pm in the hall, U12 boys are training Monday from 6-7 pm in Glenswilly and Fridays from 6-7 pm in the Aura Leisure Centre. U 14 girls training continues on Saturdays from 3.30 to 5pm. U14 boys continues to train on Mondays in the Aura from 7.30 to 9 and at the same time on Thursday evenings at the club. The U14 boys get their league campaign under way this Friday evening 7 March in O’Donnell Park with the time yet to be confirmed. The U16 training will commence Sunday 9 March in Glenswilly at 6 pm. The Minors began their league campaign away to Letterkenny Gaels last Sunday and were unlucky to suffer a 1 point defeat a game played in adverse weather conditions. This week they play Naomh Colmcille in Newtowncunningham on Sunday at 12pm. Thanks to everyone who helped with the Scor Sinsear County final which took place in Glenswilly last Friday night. Congratulations to all from Glenswilly Gaa Club involved with the St Eunan’s College team who have reached the McLarnon Cup Final which will be played on St Patrick’s Day. As you are aware Garda Vetting is compulsory for anyone involved in under age teams and a meeting will be held on Wednesday 5 March at 7.30 pm in the Clubhouse. All Managers and Coaches are asked to attend. The winning lotto numbers this week are: 1,22,23 and 24, this weeks winner is Derek Campbell. The jackpot now stands at an inviting €4,000 with this weeks sellers being Ciaran Bonnar and Michael Murphy. Finally congratulations to our three county men for a fantastic victory over Ulster champions Monaghan in O’Donnell Park last Sunday. GAA NEWS – GLENSWILLY FINAL REGISTRATION NIGHT FAST APPROACHING was last modified: March 4th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Glenswilly GAA notes
The famous Frankie Kennedy Winter School is to be wound down.Frankie KennedyThe school, which was established in 1994 to remember the famous musician, is currently run by the Mooney and Kennedy families.However the families have said the school has become too big and it will now be organised Comharchumann Forbartha Ghaoth Dobhair. As of next year, the group will run events and music classes in its place.Frankie was born in Belfast in 1955, became one of Ireland’s best known traditional flute players through his work with the band Altan which he managed and founded with his partner Mairéad Ní Mhaonaigh.Frankie and Mairéad set the seeds for Altan with their ground breaking album Ceol Aduaidh on the Gael Linn label.Frankie, a naturally gifted teacher and communicator, was part of a robust wave of young Northern flute players who came to the fore in the ’70s and ’80s. Like his contemporaries, Frankie drew inspiration from the older generation of Ulster musicians and singers. Scoil Gheimhridh Frankie Kennedy was established in December 1994 following Frankie’s untimely death from cancer in September of that year.The school’s vision is to continue his huge contribution to Irish traditional music, especially the music and song of Donegal.This year’s event, the last Frankie Kennedy Winter School by that name, will run at the end of December with dates to be confirmed. END OF AN ERA AS FRANKIE KENNEDY WINTER SCHOOL TO CLOSE was last modified: October 24th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Frankie Kennedy Winter School