Australia Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Wednesday that building an Indo-Pacific alliance with like-minded nations will be a “critical priority” for his government, warning the pace of militarization in the region was unprecedented.”Today, the Indo-Pacific is the epicenter of strategic competition,” Morrison told the Aspen Security Forum, which brings government and military leaders together with experts.”Tensions over territorial claims are growing.” The annual conference is being hosted using virtual digital platforms this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.Australia last month said it would boost defense spending by 40% over the next 10 years, buying long-range military equipment that will be focused on the Indo-Pacific region, where both Beijing and Canberra are competing for influence.Diplomatic tension between China and Australia has worsened recently over issues including an Australian call for an international inquiry into the origin of the coronavirus, and debate about China’s new national security law in Hong Kong.Last week, the United States and Australia held high-level talks on China and agreed on the need to uphold a rules-based global order, but Australia stressed its relationship with China was important and it had no intention of hurting it.Morrison said on Wednesday China’s rise as a major economic partner has been good for the global economy, Indo-Pacific region and Australia, “but with economic rise comes responsibility”.The prime minister said China and the United States together have a “special responsibility” to respect international law and should resolve their disputes peacefully.”It means a commitment to rules-based economic interaction. Neither coercion nor abdication from international systems is the way forward,” Morrison said. Topics :
Developer Azure has joined with Everton Park Primary School in an eco-fundraising venture with the school selling honey to raise money to buy a Seabin, pictured are students Jasmine Holland and Kaila Sutton. Picture: AAPImage/ David ClarkA Brisbane state school is proving to be a hive of activity with a prominent Queensland developer raising environmental awareness to younger generations. Property developer Azure Development Group aims to make a difference by helping to reduce the school’s carbon footprint and is donating 500 jars of honey to sell for fundraising. Trent Keirnan, director of Azure Development Group, said encouraging local children to become more conscious of their ecological footprint was important.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus12 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market12 hours agoEverton Park State School Year 6 students Jasmine Holland and Kaila Sutton said money raised from the honey jars would go towards the purchase and installation of a Seabin in the Brisbane River. “We want to help clean up the Brisbane River and Moreton Bay, and this donation will help us achieve that,” Jasmine said. The jars of honey will be donated to the students on May 31 when Bee Aware Kids’ Dr Tobias Smith hosts back-to-back education workshops with the school’s 500 children, covering topics such as bee diversity, bee biology and crop pollination.Azure Development Group will launch their latest project, The Keona Edition at McDowall in September, which features a collection of 27 townhomes.Mr Keirnan said the project was nestled among parklands and recreational areas, surrounded by natural landscape and bush walking trails.
read also:Nigeria has incredible, exciting talents, says Yaya Toure “Real Madrid will be in good confidence having won La Liga two weeks ago. “You just have to win because to draw against Madrid…It is going to be hard for City if they don’t score one goal.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Manchester City great, Yaya Toure, has advised that his former club must attack Real Madrid to progress in the Champions League. Toure believes that may have to be the solution against Real Madrid because trying to hold onto the 2-1 advantage from the round 16 first leg could be problematic. “I think it’s going to be 50/50 because without fans it is complicated,” Toure told Leyton Orient’s channel, the League Two club where he has begun training to keep his fitness levels up as he gears up for a new challenge next season.Advertisement Loading… Promoted Content20 “The Big Bang Theory” Moments Only A Few Fans Knew AboutBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth10 Phones That Can Work For Weeks Without Recharging11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World6 Ridiculous Health Myths That Are Actually TrueYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Anime5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too Much
Press Association Dazzling lived up to her name with a most impressive racecourse debut in the Sapphire EBF Fillies Maiden at the Curragh. Aidan O’Brien’s juvenile is bred to be smart as a full-sister to dual Group One winner Roderic O’Connor and was an 11-4 chance for this first competitive racecourse appearance over a mile. Forcing the pace from the outset in the hands of the trainer’s son Joseph, Dazzling was strongly pressed from two furlongs down, but showed fine acceleration once let down to put the race to bed and beat her running-on stablemate Shell House by two and three-quarter lengths. Favourite Sparkle Factor had every chance for the Dermot Weld team and ran with promise to finish third. O’Brien snr, initiating a four-timer, said: “She’s still very green, but you’d have to be delighted the way she did it. We thought she’d be very green and we weren’t sure if she’d know enough to win first time, but she was well on top at the line. “I knew he (Joseph) wanted to get a lead, but he was maybe just left in front. She’s a big, strong, powerful filly – a big mile and a half type. We could step up anywhere now with her.” Dazzling holds an entry in the Fillies’ Mile at Newmarket on September 27.
Press Association Rangers secured a well-deserved 2-2 draw at home to Manchester City last month but have failed to earn another point against teams currently in the top half of the table. The three promoted sides all find themselves in the relegation zone ahead of this weekend’s fixtures, with QPR sandwiched between Leicester, who are bottom, and Burnley. “Leicester beat Man United in September and you thought they would finish in the top half, that’s how it goes in this division, it is so hard to win games, there’s a gulf in class,” Redknapp said. “Man City have beaten Sunderland 4-1 and Southampton 3-0 (in the last week) – they’re on another level, they can go away with 10 men and win 3-0. “That tells you the difference in quality between Man City, Chelsea, even Arsenal – they’ve got massive budgets and top players. “It is hard for clubs like Leicester, Burnley and QPR. “Eight players that played for us against Swansea on Tuesday played in the Championship last year and came up through the play-offs.” Redknapp has no fresh injury concerns for Burnley’s visit this weekend. Bobby Zamora has recovered from a back problem and could start after being left on the bench for the midweek defeat at Swansea but Adel Taarabt (groin), Sandro and Alejandro Faurlin (both knee) remain sidelined. QPR striker Charlie Austin and former Burnley team-mate Danny Ings face each other this weekend and Sean Dyche believes the two could one day be international colleagues due to changing perceptions in England. Austin and Ings, who have both played non-league football, are sampling the top flight for the first time in their careers with newly-promoted sides this season. Rangers forward Austin, 25, has scored seven times in 13 games and is the joint top English goalscorer in the Barclays Premier League along with West Brom’s Saido Berahino, who recently received a call up to Roy Hodgson’s senior set-up. Ings has also started to find his feet at the highest level, scoring three times for the Clarets in November and bagging a brace for the England Under-21s at Turf Moor last month, too. The pair’s form has led to suggestions that recognition from Hodgson may be on the horizon and Burnley boss Dyche, who has managed both players during their time in east Lancashire, was quick to highlight other recent call-ups to highlight Austin and Ings’ cases. “There have been similar stories,” he said. “There was a time when you wouldn’t have thought Kevin Davies would have got in there so late. (Rickie) Lambert has got in there late, so it is changing. “The viewpoint on football is changing. It’s about form and player availability can come into it as well.” Ings’ ascent to prominence only really occurred when Austin moved to Loftus Road at the start of last season after averaging a goal every other game at Turf Moor. In his absence, Burnley’s surprise promotion was built on the 47-goal partnership of Wales international Sam Vokes and Championship player of the year Ings. But Dyche insists it was Vokes, currently sidelined by a knee injury, rather than Ings, that was available to step out of the shadows when Austin departed. “It helped Vokesy’s development,” the Clarets manager argued. “Danny was doing fine but it gave Vokesy more freedom to not be a bit part, to not be the man who was waiting in the wings. We said, ‘You’re the man, how are you going to stand up and deal with it?’ “He went, ‘Okay, thanks very much’.” Burnley are expected to be without both Stephen Ward and Michael Duff due to injury. QPR boss Harry Redknapp believes “a gulf in class” makes it almost impossible for this season’s relegation battlers to compete with the top sides in the Barclays Premier League.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. New Delhi: There are many names floating around when it comes to the position of the coach of the India women’s cricket team. One of the names added in this is Gary Kirsten, the former South Africa cricketer who helped India win the 2011 World Cup at home after a period of 28 years. According to a report in the Times of India, a top BCCI official said that Kirsten had applied for the position. Along with Kirsten, the other names in the list are Atul Bedade, David Johnson, Rakesh Sharma, Manoj Prabhakar, Owais Shah, Herschelle Gibbs, Dimitri Mascarenhas, Dominic Thornely, Gargi Banerjee, Vidyuth Jaisimha, Ramesh Powar, Colin Siller and Dav Whatmore.The three-member panel appointed for conducting the interview includes former India skipper Kapil Dev, who helped India win the World Cup title for the first time in 1983, Shantha Rangaswamy and Anshuman Gaekwad and the interviews will be conducted on December 20. It is reported that the decision will be made prior to the women’s cricket team departing for New Zealand on January 24. India will play three ODIs and three Twenty20 Internationals against the New Zealand side.Read More | Ganguly says this ‘very, very special’ knock saved his captaincyThe likes of Prabhakar and Gibbs have been accused of match-fixing but the conundrum has deepened even further with Ramesh Powar, whose tenure was not renewed after India’s exit in the semi-final of the ICC Women’s World T20 in the West Indies. Powar has reapplied for the post after getting strong support from India women’s skipper Harmanpreet Kaur. Speaking to PTI, Powar confirmed that he had applied. “”Yes, I have applied this evening because Smriti (Mandhana), Harmanpreet (Kaur) have supported me and I can’t let them (the girls) down by not applying,” said Powar.Read More | MS Dhoni is the hero of the country, learnt a lot from him: PantDuring the ICC Women’s World T20 semi-final, the team management including Powar and Harmanpreet dropped Mithali Raj, triggering a massive controversy. After returning home from the West Indies, Mithali went on to accuse Powar and COA member Diana Edulji of trying to destroy her and being biased against her. Powar, on his part, accused Mithali of threatening to retire midway into the World T20 after being denied the opening slot and creating chaos in the team. Following the controversy, the BCCI decided to invite fresh applications for the post.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Changzhou: Reigning world champion PV Sindhu made an early exit from the China Open after losing a three-game thriller against Thailand’s Pornpawee Chochuwong in the women’s singles pre-quarterfinals in Changzhou on Thursday. Sindhu, an Olympic silver medallist, squandered a first-game advantage to go down 12-21 21-13 21-19 to Pornpawee in a match that lasted 58 minutes here. Doubles specialist Satwiksairaj Rankireddy also had a dismal day as he suffered twin defeats, losing both the men’s doubles and mixed doubles pre-quarterfinals. In men’s doubles, Satwik and Chirag Shetty, ranked 15th in the world, ran out of steam after a decent start against fourth-seeded Japanese pair of Takeshi Kamura and Keigo Sonoda and went down 19-21 8-21 in the second-round match that lasted 33 minutes.This is the second time Satwik and Chirag have lost to the combination of Kamura and Sonoda this year. They had lost to the world no.4 pair at the Japan Open in July. Satwik then paired up with his mixed doubles partner Ashwini Ponanappa but the duo couldn’t get past Yuki Kaneko and Misaki Matsutomo, losing 11-21 21-16 12-21 to the Japanese pair. Sindhu, who came into the match with a 3-0 lead against Pornpawee, dominated the first game as she lead 7-1 early on but the Thai shuttler reduced the deficit to 10-11 at the break.Also Read | What PV Sindhu said after her historic World Badminton Championship victory However, Sindhu reeled off eight straight points after the interval to jump to 19-10 and eventually sealed the first game comfortably. In the second game, Pornpawee changed gears and moved to a 5-1 advantage initially. Sindhu clawed back to 7-9 before the Thai youngster jumped to 15-7 with six straight points and held her fort to roar back into the contest. The decider started on an even note as the duo fought hard, moving together till 6-6 when Sindhu surged ahead to enjoy a 11-7 cushion at the break. Also Read | ‘Working hard and winning many more medals’ – PV Sindhu’s mantra for 2020 Tokyo Olympics successHowever, Pornpawee kept breathing down Sindhu’s neck and slowly moved to 15-19. From there, the Thai shuttler blasted six points to leave the Indian shocked. Among other Indians in fray, Parupalli Kashyap and B Sai Praneeth will also be in action, while Ponnappa and N Siki Reddy will take on the second seeded Japanese duo of Misaki Matsutomo and Ayaka Takahashi in the second round of the women’s doubles competition.
Dayton’s Obi Toppin is The Associated Press player of the year and the Flyers’ Anthony Grant is coach of the year Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNEW YORK (AP) — Dayton’s Obi Toppin is The Associated Press player of the year and the Flyers’ Anthony Grant is coach of the year.,Tampa Bay Lightning advance to face Dallas Stars in Stanley Cup finals, beating New York Islanders 2-1 in OT in Game 6 March 24, 2020 Associated Press
THERE were more medals for Guyana on the fourth day of the 16th North American Powerlifting Federation (NAPF) and 32nd South American Powerlifting Federation (FESUPO) Championships being contested in Orlando, Florida.Andrea Smith and Erwin Smith managed to score three more medals in the equipped category for the Golden Arrowhead.In the women’s 72kg weight class, Andrea scored 420 points through her 160kg squat, 77.5kg bench press and 182.5kg deadlift copping a gold medal in the FESUPO women’s open and silver in the NAPF open. Throughout her lifts, she oozed confidence and used her ability to shatter the Caribbean open deadlift record through her 182.5kg lift. executedCompeting in the 93kg class was Erwin Smith who amassed 662.5 points through his 235kg squat, his 145kg bench press and finally, his 282.5kg deadlift. His third and final deadlift of 282.5kg was Erwin’s new personal best.Despite his herculean effort, he only placed fourth in the Men’s Open for his class. His effort was thwarted by Michael Correa of Puerto Rico who took bronze, Jaime Castro of Ecuador with silver and Gabriel Garcia of Mexico copped gold. Nevertheless, he managed to cop a silver medal in the FESUPO Open for his class, after only being beaten by Jaime Castro.So far in the competition, Team Guyana have raked in 29 medals: 16 gold medals, 8 silver and 5 bronze.In the final segment of the competition today, Guyanese 120kg weight class lifter John Edwards will be seeking to add to Guyana’s total as he competes in the equipped competition.
Collaborative instant replay will be used for all home games of football teams in the Atlantic Coast Conference in 2016 — including Syracuse — on an experimental basis, the conference announced in a press release. The replay system will also extend to Notre Dame, a school in the ACC for all sports except football.Replay officials stationed in the conference office in Greensboro, North Carolina will participate in every review with the on-site referee and replay official through headset communication, the conference announced after its spring meetings finished in Amelia Island, Florida. Officials in Greensboro will have access to real-time video feeds of the game and any feeds available to the in-stadium official.“This is another step in enhancing the quality of instant replay within college football,” ACC Commissioner John Swofford said in the release. “Officiating remains one of the highest priorities for our league, and our coaches and schools value the opportunity to be state of the art in this area.”The move comes after a year of controversy involving ACC officials, including the Miami-Duke game that ended in a 30-27 Hurricanes win. After the game, the conference suspended the on-field officiating crew, the replay official and the replay coordinator, detailing four mistakes made that affected the end of the game.The ACC’s Coordinator of Football Officiating Dennis Hennigan will oversee staffing of the collaborative replay center. Ted Jackson, the conference’s assistant coordinator for instant replay, will be in the conference office each week.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe NCAA Football Rules Committee is allowing a trial of centralized replay for the 2016 season. The ACC will report its findings to the committee in February of 2017. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on May 12, 2016 at 4:45 pm Contact Jon: email@example.com | @jmettus