Manchester City Klopp: Man City would beat 99% of world football Joe Wright Last updated 2 years ago 00:55 10/17/17 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(1) Getty Manchester City Jürgen Klopp Premier League Maribor v Liverpool Maribor Liverpool UEFA Champions League The Liverpool boss leapt to the defence of his side, citing the fact that they have only lost one Premier League match this season to the leaders Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes that Manchester City would beat “99 per cent” of all teams in world football given their current form.City sit atop the Premier League table having scored 29 goals in their opening eight matches as well as recording victories in Champions League matches with Feyenoord and Shakhtar Donetsk.City 15/2 to win Champions League Article continues below Editors’ Picks Why Barcelona god Messi will never be worshipped in the same way in Argentina Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. Liverpool are one of the sides that City have swept aside after they recorded a 5-0 win over the Reds in September, with Klopp’s side struggling for form thereafter.But the former Borussia Dortmund boss was quick to defend his team after a run of just one win from their last eight matches ahead of Tuesday’s clash with Maribor, claiming his side cannot be blamed for the defeat to City that sparked their poor period of results.”We have to be confident. It was disappointment after the game and that is because we deserved more. We are in a good moment and we are looking forward,” he told reporters.”It is easy to remember how hard we fought for the Champions League.”We have lost two games, one in the [EFL] Cup and one with 10-men against Manchester City. Ninety-nine per cent of teams in world football would lose against Manchester City at the moment. Why should we lose confidence?”Liverpool are two points behind Group E leaders Sevilla ahead of the meeting with the Slovenian champions and Klopp has challenged his side to get the sort of result that he feels their recent displays deserve.“Now, we face a decisive moment in the group stage. We need to be concentrated and brave against a top team of a European league,” he said.”They are a good footballing team. We have a job to do and not think about the next game.”We have wasted points and the performances have been good. We have to be very, very good again and take the result.”The two games we saw of Maribor were different. They usually have to attack, they are the top team in Slovenia.”I saw an offensive-minded team against Sevilla and Spartak Moscow. We need to be ready for this battle.”
Satara: With the NCP witnessing desertions by a number of leaders recently, party chief Sharad Pawar on Thursday extended his “best wishes” to them and said he has experience of tackling such situation. Pawar also said local MLA Shivendrasinh Bhosale resigning and embracing the ruling BJP would have no bearing on the NCP’s Assembly poll prospects in Satara district. He exuded confidence that the NCP would retain the seat. The opposition parties in Maharashtra, particularly the NCP, witnessed its MLAs and key leaders joining the BJP and Shiv Sena last month. Also Read – Uddhav bats for ‘Sena CM’ These include three NCP legislators- Bhosale, Sandeep Naik and Vaibhav Pichad- who joined the BJP along with the party’s state women wing president Chitra Wagh. Besides, its Mumbai unit president Sachin Ahir and Shahapur MLA Pandurang Barora joined the Shiv Sena last month. “My best wishes to those in the party who have other ideas (of desertion) on their minds. Such situations arise in politics sometimes and I have the experience of dealing with it,” Pawar told reporters here. Also Read – Farooq demands unconditional release of all detainees in J&K The former Union minister said he was not concerned about the NCP’s prospects in Satara in the Assembly polls, due in September-October, after Bhosale’s decision to jump the ship. “I have received three applications (from candidates seeking the party’s poll tickets) from Satara Assembly segment. So, I am not concerned about (falling short of) candidates. The party will definitely retain the seat,” the NCP patriarch said. Pawar also said the Satara MLA had confided in him that the latter would not join the BJP. Bhosale had also sought a meeting with Satara MP and his cousin Udayanraje Bhosale, Pawar added. Shivendrasinh Bhosale and Udayanraje Bhosale are said to be sharing strained relationship. “He (Shivendrasinh Bhosale) wanted a meeting with the Satara MP. We decided we will discuss the issue after the (on-going) Parliament session is over. But he took the decision (of quitting the party) even before we could hold discussion,” Pawar said. The veteran leader also said he is clueless about how many more NCP men from Satara will quit the party. But in the same breath, Pawar added those who follow the ideology of late Deputy Prime Minister and first Maharashtra Chief Minister Yashwantrao Chavan, a Congress stalwart who hailed from Satara, will not make such a move. Noting the NCP MLAs, who switched allegiance to the BJP-Shiv Sena, contended that they were unable to carry out public works while being on the opposition benches, Pawar said it showed the ruling parties were functioning with “vendetta”.
OCEANSIDE (KUSI) — A homicide investigation was underway in Oceanside Tuesday after a man found stabbed overnight near the San Luis Rey River later died at a hospital, police said.Emergency crews responded around 11:45 p.m. Monday to the 1100 block of North Coast Highway after emergency dispatchers received a call of a man in that area suffering from what appeared to be a stab wound, Oceanside police Sgt. Gabe Jimenez said.“Oceanside Police officers and paramedics arrived on scene and began rendering medical aid,” Jimenez said. “The victim was transported to a local area hospital where he was subsequently pronounced dead by medical staff.”Police did not release the name of the victim pending family notifications but said detectives from the OPD’s investigation division are working the case. Anyone with information about the fatal stabbing was asked to call Detective Erik Ellgard at (760) 435-4748 or the OPD’s anonymous tip line at (760) 435-4730. Posted: January 2, 2018 Homicide investigation underway in Oceanside after man dies from multiple stab wounds January 2, 2018 Updated: 4:08 PM KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, Categories: Local San Diego News Tags: Crime FacebookTwitter
Owners and lessees with this older system are in for at least $45 if they submit a claim. Ford Infotainment is a tricky part of in-car technology even today. As automakers gradually dipped into more tech-laden systems, some got it right, and some did not.After numerous complaints, Ford has settled a class-action lawsuit surrounding its MyFord Touch infotainment system. Law firm Hagens Berman said in a release on Tuesday that the automaker will pay $17 million, and both owners and lessees are eligible for compensation.Specifically, the litigation surrounds the system equipped in 2011-2013 Ford and Lincoln vehicles. The infotainment system was notorious for being unresponsive, crashing and freezing while driving. Other complaints surrounded inaccurate GPS information and the total inability to connect with a smartphone.Compensation amounts will be based on how often an owner or lessee needed to service their vehicle for an infotainment system repair. If that figure is three times or more, they will receive up to $400. Those that serviced the system twice will receive $250, and one appointment for a MyFord Touch fix will award an individual $100. Those who didn’t have any repairs done to the system but were, as the law firm said, “dissatisfied” with MyFord Touch will receive $45 by filing a claim.To help affected folks, a dedicated website is now online to submit a claim and to search through repair claims. For those who may not remember how many times they brought their vehicle in for a repair, the website will locate the records. Furthermore, any owners who made repairs outside the warranty period can apply for reimbursement for any out-of-pocket costs.California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia and Washington residents are the only individuals able to file a claim and people in those states must have purchased or leased a Ford or Lincoln from an authorized dealer before Aug. 9, 2013. Ford will automatically cut a check for anyone who doesn’t submit a claim and was the original vehicle owner, in amounts ranging from $20 to $55.As for Ford’s most-recent stab at infotainment, we’re happy to report Sync 3 is pretty darn good. 4 2020 BMW M340i review: A dash of M makes everything better Checking the tech in the 2020 Ford Explorer 3:16 29 Photos 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLC350e review: Premium plug-in hybrid feels like an efficiency half-step Share your voice Comments More From Roadshow 2020 Hyundai Palisade review: Posh enough to make Genesis jealous Now playing: Watch this: Ford Tags Ford Auto Tech Car Industry Sync 3 gives Ford cars fast navigation, Android and iPhone love (pictures)
Jump in Petrol prices: Petrol prices went up by ₹1.69 per litre on Monday, in what is being termed as a ripple effect of the Iraq crisis, which have raised international gasoline rates.The price of Brent crude oil, which is the international standard, rose to $115 per barrel due to the situation in Iraq. Oil companies have also raised the price of diesel by ₹0.50.”Due to geo-political unrest in the Middle East, there has been significant increase in international oil prices. by more than $4 per barrel, and the Rupee-US dollar exchange rate has also deteriorated,” an official from Indian Oil Corp told the PTI.”The combined impact of both these factors has warranted an increase in petrol prices by Rs 1.69 per litre,” added official. The fuel prices could rise further more in some cities depending on the state levies.Jet fuel hike: With a hike in jet fuel brought into effect on Tuesday, airlines are expected to have no choice but to raise fares for air travel, as the fuel constitutes more than 40 percent of the total operating cost for an airline. Jet fuel prices were hiked by 0.6 percent on Tuesday. Prices of essential commodities have been on the rise just a few days before the Modi government’s first budget session in the Parliament on 7 July. In the last few days, prices of vegetables, especially onions, have seen a hike followed by that of fuel and LPG.Here is what the government and citizens are facing:Costlier Onions: Prices of onions have risen by 40 percent in the last two weeks to reach ₹18.50 per kilogram at Asia’s largest wholesale market for the vegetable at Lasalgaon in Maharashtra.Speculation about the weak monsoon is suspected to have driven the prices up. What has added to consumers’ woes is the increasing gap between wholesale prices and retail prices of onions, reportedly because of hoarding.The consumer affairs department is said to have written to state governments to keep tabs on artificial scarcity, The Economic Times reported.LPG prices rise: Consumers will now have to pay ₹16.50 more for every cylinder they get after their quota of 12 subsidised cylinders, as the price of cooking gas (LPG) was hiked on Tuesday. The hike in non-subsidised cooking gas is a first in last six months.
A general view shows workers at a cafeteria inside a building at the Infosys campus in Electronic City, Bengaluru. REUTERS File PhotoFor long, the bellwether of Information Technology in India, Infosys, was percieved to have preferred organic growth, hence adopting a cautious approach to acquisitions. Indeed, its legendary co-founder NR Narayana Murthy, was mentioned as studying potential acquisitions until the time it was too late to decide whether the acquisition should go ahead.Given its avowed reluctance to inorganic growth, many investors and private equity firms held off in approaching Infosys with potential acquisitions since Infosys did not seem interested anyway, or at best, was expected to be tardy towards them.Things seemed to changed with the retirement of the founders and the consequent hiring of Vishal Sikka as the Chief Executive Officer. Sikka went all out to change the company’s perception with a series of high profile acquisitions that included the Israeli startup, Panaya, and Skava.The changes under Sikka buoyed the markets to such an extent that analysts were soon proclaiming a changed vision and a transformed approach to inorganic growth. Former Infosys CEO Vishal Sikka speaks during the announcement at the company headquarters in Bengaluru. [File photo]Within Infosys, however, there were murmurs of dissent, though the majority were of the opinion that it represented a New Infosys, unencumbered with the baggage of the past.As the events transpired, Sikka left the company with a cloud hanging over the Panaya deal and for a while, uncertainty crept in with the return of Nandan Nilekani at the helm. However, the reconstituted Board of Directors was quick to divest the firm of its Panaya acquisition and adopt a more cautious stance as far as new acquisitions were concerned.Now, with global IT majors such as Capgemini and Accenture gaining market share in the IT space with their aggressive approach to acquisitions, there has been a debate surrounding Indian firms like Infosys, with many of the opinion that the company should decide soon if they want to remain without acquisitions and base their business models on good old organic growth.In other words, it is time for Infosys, under its new CEO, Salil Parikh, to make its stance known on the future growth strategies in a fast changing global landscape where the outsourcing deals are dwindling which calls for a new strategy to sustain its growth momentum.